16 Complex Fire In Colusa County Fully Contained
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
COLUSA COUNTY (CBS/AP) – A fire that has burned almost 18,000 acres in a rugged area of Colusa County is fully contained, CAL FIRE reports.
According to the CAL FIRE incident page, 980 people are fighting the two fires that make up the 16 Complex fire. It started on September 4 off Highway 16 south of Highway 20 in the Rumsey Canyon Area.
Additional firefighters arrived at the fire on Saturday to help crews as they struggled to contain the massive blaze.
Evacuations had been issued for the area, but they have since been lifted.
The cause of the fires is still under investigation.
(TM and © Copyright 2010 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)