Two People Killed In Rancho Cordova Apartment Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – Two people were fatally shot at an apartment complex in Rancho Cordova on Tuesday night.
The shooting happened shortly before 9 p.m. in an apartment in the 2000 block of W. La Loma Drive, just off Folsom Boulevard.
Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies responded and found two people, a man and a woman, dead from single gunshot wounds.
According to the sheriff’s department, an 11-year-old girl was approaching one of the units when two men charged her from behind, pushed her into a closet and stormed into the apartment. The girl was able to escape unharmed, but the two victims were found shot to death inside. She reported hearing two shots as she ran from the apartment.
“Obviously it’s unfortunate we do have two victims. There could have easily been a third,” Sgt. Jason Ramos said. “The child could have very easily been the victim of a homicide as well.”
Deputies and a K-9 unit scoured the nearby area, including a gas station, in search of any suspects. No arrests had been made and the victims’ names were not released. The woman appeared to be in her 50s and the man in her 60s, Ramos said.
No motive is known for the shooting. The only description of the suspects at this time is two men wearing dark clothing and armed with guns. Anyone with information about the crime is asked to contact the sheriff’s department.