UC Davis Makes Top 10 List Of Public Universities
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – UC Davis is now considered the eighth-best public university in the country. It moved up a spot on the US News & World Report list, despite a massive tuition hike and the infamous pepper spray incident.
The campus that made international news with the pepper spraying incident is once again in the spotlight for what students will agree is a much better reason.
“It’s good to hear,” said Maria Smith.
UCLA and Berkeley are the only UCs rated higher.
“I know quite a few people that chose Davis over other UCs, simply because they know it will continue to go up,” said Alex George.
Natalie Mvondu is one of those students.
“I don’t regret my decision,” she said. “I like the fact that it didn’t address me like a number. They followed up with me during the summer. They asked me if everything was OK.”
Davis’ chancellor attributed the honor to faculty, staff and students from a wide-eyed freshman to a seasoned senior.
Their reaction put them on the same page, in the same class: Pride 101.
“I feel very fortunate considering it’s very competitive getting into UC, especially UC Davis,” said Christine Dano.
Some students were especially glad to hear the news they hope will kickstart a new image for their beloved university.
It’s one they knew was always there, a top 10 ranking.
So, say it, don’t spray it.