Family Stays Focused On Catching Patriarch’s Cold-Blooded Killers
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A 74-year-old grandfather was robbed, shot and killed in front of his own family.
The murder of Ignacio Cervantes happened back in June outside a flea market in Stockton.
Yearning for closure, his family on Thursday made a public plea to help find his killer.
“The day they killed our dad they killed us as well,” son Ignacio Cervantes Jr. said.
Police say four armed men ambushed the Cervantes family as they pulled up to a Stockton flea market to sell jewelry.
Moments later, one of the gunman killed Ignacio in front of his two young grandchildren and adult children.
“He was laying on the floor,” Salvador Cervantes said. “I was trying to keep him alive. He tried to speak, but he couldn’t because of the blood, suffocated him.”
Police say the men jumped into the family’s Lincoln Navigator loaded with more than $100,000 worth of gold jewelry the family was planning to sell at the market.
“I felt like I was in a movie,” Salvador said. “I wanted to become like Spider-Man when that happened. I wanted to fly and catch these guys, but unfortunately it’s only in movies.”
Investigators discovered the family’s SUV dumped a few blocks away. That was more than three months ago and police haven’t been able to arrest Ignacio’s killers.
His family is begging anyone with clues to come forward.
“Whether it’s tomorrow, next week, next month, next year – they will pay for what they did,” Ignacio Jr. said.