Woman, 20, Arrested For July Murder In South Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento County sheriff’s homicide detectives arrested a 20-year-old woman Friday in the shooting death of a woman in south Sacramento two months ago.
Andreawanna Clemmons, 20, was taken into custody at a residence in Sacramento and booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on one count of murder. She is being held without bail.
Shortly after 3 a.m. on July 18, 2012, sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the 7900 block of Loucreta Drive regarding a woman having been shot. Upon arriving at the scene, deputies found that Lisa Bisher, 38, sustained a gunshot wound to her upper body. Paramedics arrived and transported Bisher to a hospital, where she died shortly thereafter.
Preliminary information revealed that Bisher and a man were arguing in front of a residence, when they were confronted by a man and woman who came out of the house. A verbal altercation ensued, culminating in the woman who exited the house producing a handgun and fatally shooting Bisher.
Investigation led to the identity of Clemmons as a resident of the house at the time and, ultimately, the person responsible for the shooting, sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Jason Ramos said.
Detectives are continuing their investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call the Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau at (916) 874-5115.