Modesto Bomb Squad Robot Detonates Potential Explosive
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
MODESTO (CBS13) – A bomb squad detonated a potentially explosive device found in west Modesto Sunday afternoon.
Around 1:30 p.m., Stanislaus County sheriff’s deputies responded to the 600 block of Colorado Avenue. The area was shutdown after the a plastic device containing an unknown substance was found near a vacant residence.
The bomb squad believed the device was an acid bomb, and sent in a robot to detonate it, according to Sgt. Anthony Bejaran.
The area was reopened once officials believed it was safe.
Deputies say they don’t know why the device was left in the area, and have not yet identified any suspects.
WATCH: Robot Detonates Potential Acid Bomb