Modesto Bomb Squad Robot Detonates Potential Explosive
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – A bomb squad detonated a potentially explosive device found in west Modesto Sunday afternoon.
Around 1:30 p.m., Stanislaus County sheriff’s deputies responded to the 600 block of Colorado Avenue. The area was shutdown after the a plastic device containing an unknown substance was found near a vacant residence.
The bomb squad believed the device was an acid bomb, and sent in a robot to detonate it, according to Sgt. Anthony Bejaran.
The area was reopened once officials believed it was safe.
Deputies say they don’t know why the device was left in the area, and have not yet identified any suspects.
WATCH: Robot Detonates Potential Acid Bomb