Modesto Bomb Squad Robot Detonates Potential Explosive
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – A bomb squad detonated a potentially explosive device found in west Modesto Sunday afternoon.
Around 1:30 p.m., Stanislaus County sheriff’s deputies responded to the 600 block of Colorado Avenue. The area was shutdown after the a plastic device containing an unknown substance was found near a vacant residence.
The bomb squad believed the device was an acid bomb, and sent in a robot to detonate it, according to Sgt. Anthony Bejaran.
The area was reopened once officials believed it was safe.
Deputies say they don’t know why the device was left in the area, and have not yet identified any suspects.
WATCH: Robot Detonates Potential Acid Bomb