Modesto Bomb Squad Robot Detonates Potential Explosive
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – A bomb squad detonated a potentially explosive device found in west Modesto Sunday afternoon.
Around 1:30 p.m., Stanislaus County sheriff’s deputies responded to the 600 block of Colorado Avenue. The area was shutdown after the a plastic device containing an unknown substance was found near a vacant residence.
The bomb squad believed the device was an acid bomb, and sent in a robot to detonate it, according to Sgt. Anthony Bejaran.
The area was reopened once officials believed it was safe.
Deputies say they don’t know why the device was left in the area, and have not yet identified any suspects.
WATCH: Robot Detonates Potential Acid Bomb