Modesto Bomb Squad Robot Detonates Potential Explosive
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – A bomb squad detonated a potentially explosive device found in west Modesto Sunday afternoon.
Around 1:30 p.m., Stanislaus County sheriff’s deputies responded to the 600 block of Colorado Avenue. The area was shutdown after the a plastic device containing an unknown substance was found near a vacant residence.
The bomb squad believed the device was an acid bomb, and sent in a robot to detonate it, according to Sgt. Anthony Bejaran.
The area was reopened once officials believed it was safe.
Deputies say they don’t know why the device was left in the area, and have not yet identified any suspects.
WATCH: Robot Detonates Potential Acid Bomb