Man Accused Of Abducting Kids On Boat Due In Court
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (AP) — A California man accused of kidnapping his two children and taking them on a stolen yacht for three days is due back in a San Mateo County courtroom.
Christopher Maffei is scheduled to appear in court Monday after not entering a plea last week to several charges including kidnapping, child endangerment and burglary.
The 43-year-old Maffei is accused of forcibly taking his 3-year-old daughter and 2-year-old son from their grandmother on Sept. 4 while the children’s mother was in court seeking a restraining order against him.
Authortieis say Maffei took a stolen yacht from an Alameda marina and headed south along California’s coast.
The Coast Guard, FBI and police caught up with Maffei near Monterey after a fisherman reported seeing him in the stolen vessel.
Maffei has said he felt that his children were not safe at their mother’s home.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.