More Than 1,300 Pot Plants Seized South Of Elk Grove
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – An illegal marijuana grow was discovered south of Elk Grove on Monday morning and nearly 1,400 plants were seized.
The grow was inside a corn field at Franklin Road and Point Pleasant Road. An air unit noticed it when returning to an area that had been a grow site before, according to the state Department of Justice.
A search warrant was served at the location at 7 a.m. and 17 people were arrested.
Agents seized 1,384 plants with an estimated street value of $8.3 million. A barn on the property also had numerous processed plants.
Most of the 17 suspects arrested are from Sacramento County. Kao Choy Saechao, 46, of Sacramento was the head of the operation, the Department of Justice said.
All were charged with possession, possession for sale, cultivation and conspiracy.