Fugitive Wanted In Marconi Standoff In Custody
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Washington man accused of weapons and hit-and-run charges has been taken into custody at an apartment complex in Carmichael.
Westwood Apartments and a nearby school were placed on lockdown after U.S. Marshals and the Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies cornered the fugitive at the apartments.
U.S. Marshals say they spotted the fugitive on a balcony at Westwood Apartments at Marconi and Watt Avenues about 11 a.m. Monday, according to Sacramento Sheriff’s Deputy Jason Ramos.
The suspect apparently spotted one of the Marshals and went back inside the apartment. He then came out of the apartment carrying a shot gun and took off running.
At some point, the fugitive dropped the gun.
Mission Avenue Open Elementary School was placed on lockdown, according to the San Juan Unified School District.