Fugitive Wanted In Marconi Standoff In Custody
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Washington man accused of weapons and hit-and-run charges has been taken into custody at an apartment complex in Carmichael.
Westwood Apartments and a nearby school were placed on lockdown after U.S. Marshals and the Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies cornered the fugitive at the apartments.
U.S. Marshals say they spotted the fugitive on a balcony at Westwood Apartments at Marconi and Watt Avenues about 11 a.m. Monday, according to Sacramento Sheriff’s Deputy Jason Ramos.
The suspect apparently spotted one of the Marshals and went back inside the apartment. He then came out of the apartment carrying a shot gun and took off running.
At some point, the fugitive dropped the gun.
Mission Avenue Open Elementary School was placed on lockdown, according to the San Juan Unified School District.