Fugitive Wanted In Marconi Standoff In Custody
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Washington man accused of weapons and hit-and-run charges has been taken into custody at an apartment complex in Carmichael.
Westwood Apartments and a nearby school were placed on lockdown after U.S. Marshals and the Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies cornered the fugitive at the apartments.
U.S. Marshals say they spotted the fugitive on a balcony at Westwood Apartments at Marconi and Watt Avenues about 11 a.m. Monday, according to Sacramento Sheriff’s Deputy Jason Ramos.
The suspect apparently spotted one of the Marshals and went back inside the apartment. He then came out of the apartment carrying a shot gun and took off running.
At some point, the fugitive dropped the gun.
Mission Avenue Open Elementary School was placed on lockdown, according to the San Juan Unified School District.