Fugitive Wanted In Marconi Standoff In Custody
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Washington man accused of weapons and hit-and-run charges has been taken into custody at an apartment complex in Carmichael.
Westwood Apartments and a nearby school were placed on lockdown after U.S. Marshals and the Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies cornered the fugitive at the apartments.
U.S. Marshals say they spotted the fugitive on a balcony at Westwood Apartments at Marconi and Watt Avenues about 11 a.m. Monday, according to Sacramento Sheriff’s Deputy Jason Ramos.
The suspect apparently spotted one of the Marshals and went back inside the apartment. He then came out of the apartment carrying a shot gun and took off running.
At some point, the fugitive dropped the gun.
Mission Avenue Open Elementary School was placed on lockdown, according to the San Juan Unified School District.