Ceres Police Searching For Cross-Dressing Bank Robber
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
CERES (CBS13) – Part of a Ceres apartment complex was evacuated early Tuesday afternoon as police searched for two bank robbery suspects, one of whom was a man dressed as a woman.
Ceres Police say the suspect dressed as woman entered a Bank of America near Whitmore Avenue and Della Drive and demanded money. He’s described as a black man wearing a black skirt with brown leggings.
The suspect then left the bank with an undisclosed amount of money and met up with the second suspect. They ran into the nearby Casa Grande apartment complex.
SWAT officers entered one of the units in the complex but could not find the suspects.
At point, officers evacuated some of the apartment units.
Just before 2:00 p.m., police gave up their search of the apartment complex.
Police are still investigating including checking surveillance video from the bank.