Ceres Man Run Over By His Own Truck; Charged With DUI
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CERES (CBS13) – Ceres police arrested a man early Wednesday morning for DUI after he was run over by his own truck.
Joe Teixeira, 35, of Ceres was driving his truck in the 2900 block of 10th Street just before 3 a.m. when he hit a light pole and knocked it over, according to police.
“I looked down and I just screamed, I panicked and I yelled for help,” said witness Lilia Garcia.
Witnesses saw Teixeira backing up his truck from off the pole with the door open. He fell out of the truck, and the truck’s left front tire rolled onto his shoulder and arm, pinning him under the truck, police said.
Witnesses helped free Teixeira, who was taken by ambulance to a local hospital where he was treated for injures.
His mother said her son flat out screwed up.
“He managed to get home and then he collapsed on my bed and then the police came and the ambulance and they took him,” said Donna Yadron.
Yadron says her son has suffered a broken sternum, a bruised lung, bleeding from his brain, and road rash.
She says he’s had alcohol problems in the past, but has had no DUIs until now.
“He’s gonna have to suffer some consequences now because he was driving under the influence,” said Yadron.
Teixeira was cited for driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license.