Ceres Man Run Over By His Own Truck; Charged With DUI
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
CERES (CBS13) – Ceres police arrested a man early Wednesday morning for DUI after he was run over by his own truck.
Joe Teixeira, 35, of Ceres was driving his truck in the 2900 block of 10th Street just before 3 a.m. when he hit a light pole and knocked it over, according to police.
“I looked down and I just screamed, I panicked and I yelled for help,” said witness Lilia Garcia.
Witnesses saw Teixeira backing up his truck from off the pole with the door open. He fell out of the truck, and the truck’s left front tire rolled onto his shoulder and arm, pinning him under the truck, police said.
Witnesses helped free Teixeira, who was taken by ambulance to a local hospital where he was treated for injures.
His mother said her son flat out screwed up.
“He managed to get home and then he collapsed on my bed and then the police came and the ambulance and they took him,” said Donna Yadron.
Yadron says her son has suffered a broken sternum, a bruised lung, bleeding from his brain, and road rash.
She says he’s had alcohol problems in the past, but has had no DUIs until now.
“He’s gonna have to suffer some consequences now because he was driving under the influence,” said Yadron.
Teixeira was cited for driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license.