Sacramento Man Convicted Of Having Sex With Minor
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A Sacramento man who pursued a 15-year-old Facebook and then had sex with her multiple times was convicted on five counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor Friday, the Yolo County District Attorney’s Office said.
Ronald Vikash Chand, 32, who is married and has a young child, became involved with the victim when she was 15. He lied to her about his age and pursued her on Facebook and by text messages, according to the DA’s office.
He picked her up at her high school and engaged in sexual intercourse with her in his car and at a West Sacramento motel on multiple occasions.
“The defendant manipulated the victim in order to get her to participate in sexual acts with him. This verdict ensures that he will not be able to victimize another teenage girl,” said Deputy District Attorney Sara Abrate, who prosecuted the case.
Chand faces four years in state prison. He will be sentenced on Oct. 22.