Sacramento Man Convicted Of Having Sex With Minor
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A Sacramento man who pursued a 15-year-old Facebook and then had sex with her multiple times was convicted on five counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor Friday, the Yolo County District Attorney’s Office said.
Ronald Vikash Chand, 32, who is married and has a young child, became involved with the victim when she was 15. He lied to her about his age and pursued her on Facebook and by text messages, according to the DA’s office.
He picked her up at her high school and engaged in sexual intercourse with her in his car and at a West Sacramento motel on multiple occasions.
“The defendant manipulated the victim in order to get her to participate in sexual acts with him. This verdict ensures that he will not be able to victimize another teenage girl,” said Deputy District Attorney Sara Abrate, who prosecuted the case.
Chand faces four years in state prison. He will be sentenced on Oct. 22.