CA Principal Arrested On Suspicion Of Having Meth
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
SANTA CLARA (AP) – The principal of a Santa Clara elementary school has been arrested on suspicion of possessing crystal methamphetamine for sale.
State prosecutors say Eric Dean Lewis was taken into custody on Friday after he arranged to meet an undercover officer he encountered on an online dating site at a Caltrain station and provide him with narcotics.
California Department of Justice spokeswoman Michelle Gregory says police began investigating Lewis after getting a tip that the Montague Elementary School principal was involved in drugs.
Authorities searched Lewis’ house after his arrest and found a quarter-ounce of methamphetamine and the club drug GHB.
Santa Clara Unified School District authorities say Lewis has been placed on unpaid administrative leave.
Lewis, of San Francisco, was booked into Santa Clara County jail. It was not immediately clear whether he had an attorney.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)