Deputy Shoots Colfax Man After Alleged Attack
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
COLFAX (CBS13) – A Colfax man was taken to Sutter Roseville Medical Center after officers were forced to open fire.
Placer County sheriff’s deputies responded to a domestic disturbance on Tokayana Way, but say they were charged by the suspect when they arrived.
The suspect allegedly came at the deputies with a 5-inch folding knife. One deputy tasered the suspect, but he continued to charge, and that’s when the second deputy opened fire.
Investigators say several family members were home at the time of the incident, including young children.
The condition of the suspect is unknown at this time.
The deputy who shot the suspect is on standard paid administrative leave.