Deputy Shoots Colfax Man After Alleged Attack
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
COLFAX (CBS13) – A Colfax man was taken to Sutter Roseville Medical Center after officers were forced to open fire.
Placer County sheriff’s deputies responded to a domestic disturbance on Tokayana Way, but say they were charged by the suspect when they arrived.
The suspect allegedly came at the deputies with a 5-inch folding knife. One deputy tasered the suspect, but he continued to charge, and that’s when the second deputy opened fire.
Investigators say several family members were home at the time of the incident, including young children.
The condition of the suspect is unknown at this time.
The deputy who shot the suspect is on standard paid administrative leave.