Deputy Shoots Colfax Man After Alleged Attack
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
COLFAX (CBS13) – A Colfax man was taken to Sutter Roseville Medical Center after officers were forced to open fire.
Placer County sheriff’s deputies responded to a domestic disturbance on Tokayana Way, but say they were charged by the suspect when they arrived.
The suspect allegedly came at the deputies with a 5-inch folding knife. One deputy tasered the suspect, but he continued to charge, and that’s when the second deputy opened fire.
Investigators say several family members were home at the time of the incident, including young children.
The condition of the suspect is unknown at this time.
The deputy who shot the suspect is on standard paid administrative leave.