Deputy Shoots Colfax Man After Alleged Attack
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
COLFAX (CBS13) – A Colfax man was taken to Sutter Roseville Medical Center after officers were forced to open fire.
Placer County sheriff’s deputies responded to a domestic disturbance on Tokayana Way, but say they were charged by the suspect when they arrived.
The suspect allegedly came at the deputies with a 5-inch folding knife. One deputy tasered the suspect, but he continued to charge, and that’s when the second deputy opened fire.
Investigators say several family members were home at the time of the incident, including young children.
The condition of the suspect is unknown at this time.
The deputy who shot the suspect is on standard paid administrative leave.