Fatal Crash Closes Southbound Interstate-680 In Pleasanton
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
PLEASANTON (CBS SF) — A stretch of southbound Interstate Highway 680 in Pleasanton was completely shut down as crews responded to a fatal crash involving a pedestrian, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Around 3:30 a.m., a pedestrian was killed in a collision on southbound Highway 680 near North Stoneridge Drive, according to the CHP.
A short time later, the CHP shut down all lanes of traffic on southbound Highway 680 from the interstate Highway 580 connector to the Stoneridge Drive exit.
Traffic was being diverted off the freeway to westbound 580.
By 5:30 a.m., at least one lane of I-680 was open and some traffic was getting through.