Fatal Crash Closes Southbound Interstate-680 In Pleasanton
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PLEASANTON (CBS SF) — A stretch of southbound Interstate Highway 680 in Pleasanton was completely shut down as crews responded to a fatal crash involving a pedestrian, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Around 3:30 a.m., a pedestrian was killed in a collision on southbound Highway 680 near North Stoneridge Drive, according to the CHP.
A short time later, the CHP shut down all lanes of traffic on southbound Highway 680 from the interstate Highway 580 connector to the Stoneridge Drive exit.
Traffic was being diverted off the freeway to westbound 580.
By 5:30 a.m., at least one lane of I-680 was open and some traffic was getting through.