Fatal Crash Closes Southbound Interstate-680 In Pleasanton
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
PLEASANTON (CBS SF) — A stretch of southbound Interstate Highway 680 in Pleasanton was completely shut down as crews responded to a fatal crash involving a pedestrian, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Around 3:30 a.m., a pedestrian was killed in a collision on southbound Highway 680 near North Stoneridge Drive, according to the CHP.
A short time later, the CHP shut down all lanes of traffic on southbound Highway 680 from the interstate Highway 580 connector to the Stoneridge Drive exit.
Traffic was being diverted off the freeway to westbound 580.
By 5:30 a.m., at least one lane of I-680 was open and some traffic was getting through.