Fatal Crash Closes Southbound Interstate-680 In Pleasanton
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
PLEASANTON (CBS SF) — A stretch of southbound Interstate Highway 680 in Pleasanton was completely shut down as crews responded to a fatal crash involving a pedestrian, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Around 3:30 a.m., a pedestrian was killed in a collision on southbound Highway 680 near North Stoneridge Drive, according to the CHP.
A short time later, the CHP shut down all lanes of traffic on southbound Highway 680 from the interstate Highway 580 connector to the Stoneridge Drive exit.
Traffic was being diverted off the freeway to westbound 580.
By 5:30 a.m., at least one lane of I-680 was open and some traffic was getting through.