Pedestrian Killed In North Highlands
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
NORTH HIGHLANDS (CBS13) – A pedestrian was hit and killed on Sunday evening in North Highlands, according to authorities.
Officers say 42-year-old Tanya Butler was crossing 32nd Street near Freedom Park Drive when she was hit by a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant.
The CHP says the Galant, driven by 33-year-old Robyn King, was traveling at 35 mph. King and her 8-year-old son were not hurt in the crash.
The CHP says the area where the accident occurred is dark with not street lights and that Butler was wearing dark-clothing.
CHP does not anticipate filing charges against King.
Toxicology reports are pending on Butler to see if alcohol and/or drugs may have played a part in the accident.