Pedestrian Killed In North Highlands
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
NORTH HIGHLANDS (CBS13) – A pedestrian was hit and killed on Sunday evening in North Highlands, according to authorities.
Officers say 42-year-old Tanya Butler was crossing 32nd Street near Freedom Park Drive when she was hit by a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant.
The CHP says the Galant, driven by 33-year-old Robyn King, was traveling at 35 mph. King and her 8-year-old son were not hurt in the crash.
The CHP says the area where the accident occurred is dark with not street lights and that Butler was wearing dark-clothing.
CHP does not anticipate filing charges against King.
Toxicology reports are pending on Butler to see if alcohol and/or drugs may have played a part in the accident.