Auburn Woman Arrested For Embezzling $15,000 In Gift Cards
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) – An Auburn woman has been arrested for cashing in on her company’s credit card rewards system and embezzling more than $15,000 in gift cards, according to police.
Earlier this year, police were contacted by administrators from the company JD2 Inc., a steel construction company, reporting one of their employees had fraudulently obtained gift cards from multiple companies through the rewards system connected the business’ credit card account.
After a four-month investigation, Auburn police arrested 47-year-old Dawna Bernad-Battistone last week and she was booked into the Placer County Jail. Police say she embezzled more than $15,000 in gift cards.