Auburn Woman Arrested For Embezzling $15,000 In Gift Cards
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) – An Auburn woman has been arrested for cashing in on her company’s credit card rewards system and embezzling more than $15,000 in gift cards, according to police.
Earlier this year, police were contacted by administrators from the company JD2 Inc., a steel construction company, reporting one of their employees had fraudulently obtained gift cards from multiple companies through the rewards system connected the business’ credit card account.
After a four-month investigation, Auburn police arrested 47-year-old Dawna Bernad-Battistone last week and she was booked into the Placer County Jail. Police say she embezzled more than $15,000 in gift cards.