Auburn Woman Arrested For Embezzling $15,000 In Gift Cards
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) – An Auburn woman has been arrested for cashing in on her company’s credit card rewards system and embezzling more than $15,000 in gift cards, according to police.
Earlier this year, police were contacted by administrators from the company JD2 Inc., a steel construction company, reporting one of their employees had fraudulently obtained gift cards from multiple companies through the rewards system connected the business’ credit card account.
After a four-month investigation, Auburn police arrested 47-year-old Dawna Bernad-Battistone last week and she was booked into the Placer County Jail. Police say she embezzled more than $15,000 in gift cards.