Auburn Woman Arrested For Embezzling $15,000 In Gift Cards
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
AUBURN (CBS13) – An Auburn woman has been arrested for cashing in on her company’s credit card rewards system and embezzling more than $15,000 in gift cards, according to police.
Earlier this year, police were contacted by administrators from the company JD2 Inc., a steel construction company, reporting one of their employees had fraudulently obtained gift cards from multiple companies through the rewards system connected the business’ credit card account.
After a four-month investigation, Auburn police arrested 47-year-old Dawna Bernad-Battistone last week and she was booked into the Placer County Jail. Police say she embezzled more than $15,000 in gift cards.