Stockton Man Arrested On Charges Of Kidnapping, Threatening Ex-Girlfriend
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A 35-year-old Stockton man was arrested for kidnapping his ex-girlfriend early Wednesday morning after the woman spotted a patrol car and jumped out of his vehicle on a freeway on-ramp, police said.
Patrol officers were getting onto Interstate 5 from Fremont Street at 2:54 a.m. when they noticed a vehicle in front of them pull over. The woman, 21, exited from the passenger’s side and ran toward officers.
Officers were able to detain the driver, identified as Juan Julio Ciro. The investigation revealed that Ciro, the woman’s ex-boyfriend, had requested the woman take a ride with him. She agreed and while they were driving, she reportedly informed Ciro they would never get back together.
At that point, Ciro locked the car doors and told her he was getting onto the freeway to kill her and himself, police said.
Ciro was arrested for kidnapping, criminal threats and driving without a license.