State Agents Raid Drug Operation In South Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Agents with state Department of Justice raided a farm in south Sacramento on Thursday morning where a major drug operation was being conducted.
The farm is on 9759 Elder Creek Road, off of Bradshaw. A helicopter helped to remove 350 marijuana plants and 10 pounds of methamphetamine has been seized, along with guns. A meth lab was also located.
Eleven people have been arrested, 10 men and one woman. Three children ages 6-10 were also on site and taken into protective custody.
“You’re just setting those kids up to be hurt or get injured or on the health side, to get sick,” DOJ agent Roy Giorgi said.
The raid followed a two-month investigation, according to the Department of Justice.
CBS13 has a reporter on location and will provide more information as it becomes available.