UPDATE: Stanislaus County Amber Alert Suspect In Custody; Kids Safe
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
STANISLAUS COUNTY (CBS13) – A 47-year-old Stanislaus County man was apprehended Friday afternoon after he abducted his two young children in the morning, according to the sheriff’s office.
Phillip Tumilty was taken into custody somewhere between Livingston and Atwater. The children were safe and taken into protective custody.
He reportedly took the children, a 9-year-old boy and a 6-year-old girl, at 8:01 a.m. from a home in the 4900 block of Brooklyn Court in in Empire. He is the children’s father but does not have custody rights, according to the sheriff’s office.
According to the sheriff’s office, Tumilty got into an argument with his ex-wife and then said he was taking the children to school, but the children never showed up. Attempts to contact Tumilty were unsuccessful and the Amber Alert was issued.