UPDATE: Stanislaus County Amber Alert Suspect In Custody; Kids Safe
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
STANISLAUS COUNTY (CBS13) – A 47-year-old Stanislaus County man was apprehended Friday afternoon after he abducted his two young children in the morning, according to the sheriff’s office.
Phillip Tumilty was taken into custody somewhere between Livingston and Atwater. The children were safe and taken into protective custody.
He reportedly took the children, a 9-year-old boy and a 6-year-old girl, at 8:01 a.m. from a home in the 4900 block of Brooklyn Court in in Empire. He is the children’s father but does not have custody rights, according to the sheriff’s office.
According to the sheriff’s office, Tumilty got into an argument with his ex-wife and then said he was taking the children to school, but the children never showed up. Attempts to contact Tumilty were unsuccessful and the Amber Alert was issued.