UPDATE: Stanislaus County Amber Alert Suspect In Custody; Kids Safe
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
STANISLAUS COUNTY (CBS13) – A 47-year-old Stanislaus County man was apprehended Friday afternoon after he abducted his two young children in the morning, according to the sheriff’s office.
Phillip Tumilty was taken into custody somewhere between Livingston and Atwater. The children were safe and taken into protective custody.
He reportedly took the children, a 9-year-old boy and a 6-year-old girl, at 8:01 a.m. from a home in the 4900 block of Brooklyn Court in in Empire. He is the children’s father but does not have custody rights, according to the sheriff’s office.
According to the sheriff’s office, Tumilty got into an argument with his ex-wife and then said he was taking the children to school, but the children never showed up. Attempts to contact Tumilty were unsuccessful and the Amber Alert was issued.