Schwarzenegger: Maid Affair Was Stupid Thing
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Arnold Schwarzenegger is acknowledging that having an affair and producing a child with his housekeeper inflicted great pain on his wife, Maria Shriver, and the four children he had with her.
Schwarzenegger says that chapter in his life was the stupidest thing he did in his relationship with Shriver, from whom he is now separated.
The comments by the former “Mr. Universe,” Hollywood action star and Republican governor of California came in an interview with “60 Minutes” set to air Sunday. The interview is part of the promotion of Schwarzenegger’s new autobiography, “Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story.”
CBS aired excerpts of the interview Friday.
The book is part of Schwarzenegger’s attempted rebranding after a rocky political career and embarrassing revelations about the affair after he left office last year.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.