Schwarzenegger: Maid Affair Was Stupid Thing
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Arnold Schwarzenegger is acknowledging that having an affair and producing a child with his housekeeper inflicted great pain on his wife, Maria Shriver, and the four children he had with her.
Schwarzenegger says that chapter in his life was the stupidest thing he did in his relationship with Shriver, from whom he is now separated.
The comments by the former “Mr. Universe,” Hollywood action star and Republican governor of California came in an interview with “60 Minutes” set to air Sunday. The interview is part of the promotion of Schwarzenegger’s new autobiography, “Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story.”
CBS aired excerpts of the interview Friday.
The book is part of Schwarzenegger’s attempted rebranding after a rocky political career and embarrassing revelations about the affair after he left office last year.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.