Schwarzenegger: Maid Affair Was Stupid Thing
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Arnold Schwarzenegger is acknowledging that having an affair and producing a child with his housekeeper inflicted great pain on his wife, Maria Shriver, and the four children he had with her.
Schwarzenegger says that chapter in his life was the stupidest thing he did in his relationship with Shriver, from whom he is now separated.
The comments by the former “Mr. Universe,” Hollywood action star and Republican governor of California came in an interview with “60 Minutes” set to air Sunday. The interview is part of the promotion of Schwarzenegger’s new autobiography, “Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story.”
CBS aired excerpts of the interview Friday.
The book is part of Schwarzenegger’s attempted rebranding after a rocky political career and embarrassing revelations about the affair after he left office last year.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.