Early Halloween Costume Brings Out San Mateo Bomb Squad
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SAN MATEO (CBS SF) — A man who decided to try out his costume and dress up ahead of Halloween prompted an explosives scare in downtown San Mateo Monday that resulted in the dispatch of a police bomb squad, authorities said.
Police received several calls about a man standing in front of a market along 4th Street wearing what witnesses described as a full gas mask and army gear with several grenades hanging around his neck.
Police said the man’s “early Halloween costume provoked (their) response.”