Early Halloween Costume Brings Out San Mateo Bomb Squad
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SAN MATEO (CBS SF) — A man who decided to try out his costume and dress up ahead of Halloween prompted an explosives scare in downtown San Mateo Monday that resulted in the dispatch of a police bomb squad, authorities said.
Police received several calls about a man standing in front of a market along 4th Street wearing what witnesses described as a full gas mask and army gear with several grenades hanging around his neck.
Police said the man’s “early Halloween costume provoked (their) response.”