Early Halloween Costume Brings Out San Mateo Bomb Squad
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SAN MATEO (CBS SF) — A man who decided to try out his costume and dress up ahead of Halloween prompted an explosives scare in downtown San Mateo Monday that resulted in the dispatch of a police bomb squad, authorities said.
Police received several calls about a man standing in front of a market along 4th Street wearing what witnesses described as a full gas mask and army gear with several grenades hanging around his neck.
Police said the man’s “early Halloween costume provoked (their) response.”