Early Halloween Costume Brings Out San Mateo Bomb Squad
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SAN MATEO (CBS SF) — A man who decided to try out his costume and dress up ahead of Halloween prompted an explosives scare in downtown San Mateo Monday that resulted in the dispatch of a police bomb squad, authorities said.
Police received several calls about a man standing in front of a market along 4th Street wearing what witnesses described as a full gas mask and army gear with several grenades hanging around his neck.
Police said the man’s “early Halloween costume provoked (their) response.”