Folsom Man Accused Of Attacking Woman On Bike Trail
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) – A man suspected of assaulting a woman on a Folsom bike trail got away but was later caught committing a lewd act in a Folsom store, according to police.
Saturday evening, police say the woman was jogging on Humbug Willowcreek Trail at Blue Ravine Road and Riley Street.
“I’ve never had a problem,” one rider said Tuesday, “and I’ve never known of anybody who’s a had a problem.”
It’s a busy bike path, but on Saturday night police say it became the scene of a crime when 25-year-old Timothy Ortiz attacked.
“There’s not a lot of residences along this area, and because off that you can be pretty isolated,” Folsom Police Sgt. Jason Browning said.
Ortiz allegedly grabbed a female jogger’s behind. She got away and described her attacker to police. But they were not able to find him.
“It’s pretty scary,” Desire Deter said. “I probably won’t biking here at night.”
An hour and a half later, police received a call from the nearby Target. A man was following women and appeared to be masturbating, they said.
Police found Ortiz, whom the woman identified as her attacker on the bike trail.
Ortiz is being held in Sacramento County Jail on $140,000 bail. He’s charged with two counts of sexual battery.