Man Found Lying On Rural County Road With Stab Wounds
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) – A man was left for dead on the side of a Yolo County road in the middle of the night, and now detectives are searching for his assailant.
When Mark Cullen, 49, of Arbuckle didn’t show up for his scheduled midnight shift at Adams Vegetable Oils, Inc., in Colusa County on Monday, a co-worker called his cell phone and Cullen reportedly told the co-worker he was dying on County Line Road in Dunnigan.
The co-worker drove Cullen’s usual route to work and located Cullen lying on the side of County Line Road, according to the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office. Cullen had stabs wounds to his upper body and head.
His vehicle was missing from the scene, but deputies located it on County Road 99W, south of County Line Road.
Cullen, a father of three, was airlifted to an area hospital where he is listed as being in critical condition, the sheriff’s office said.
No information was provided about what may have led up to Cullen being attacked.
Anyone with any information about the case is asked to the Yolo County Sheriff’s Investigations Unit at (530) 668-5212.