Man Found Lying On Rural County Road With Stab Wounds
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) – A man was left for dead on the side of a Yolo County road in the middle of the night, and now detectives are searching for his assailant.
When Mark Cullen, 49, of Arbuckle didn’t show up for his scheduled midnight shift at Adams Vegetable Oils, Inc., in Colusa County on Monday, a co-worker called his cell phone and Cullen reportedly told the co-worker he was dying on County Line Road in Dunnigan.
The co-worker drove Cullen’s usual route to work and located Cullen lying on the side of County Line Road, according to the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office. Cullen had stabs wounds to his upper body and head.
His vehicle was missing from the scene, but deputies located it on County Road 99W, south of County Line Road.
Cullen, a father of three, was airlifted to an area hospital where he is listed as being in critical condition, the sheriff’s office said.
No information was provided about what may have led up to Cullen being attacked.
Anyone with any information about the case is asked to the Yolo County Sheriff’s Investigations Unit at (530) 668-5212.