SoCal Children’s Hospital: We’re Not Affiliated With Clown Doctor
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Doctors, put down your makeup.
Officials at Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles want the public to know they have no affiliation whatsoever with an Adult Swim show on Cartoon Network by the same name.
Billboards for the show “Children’s Hospital” starring Rob Corddry from Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” have been popping up all around the city and causing a public relations headache for the private, nonprofit teaching hospital on Sunset and Vermont.
The ad campaign includes one billboard in West Hollywood that features Corddry dressed in bloodied scrubs and wearing clown make-up.
Another billboard for the Emmy-award winning show that began as a web-based series parodying medical dramas like “ER” and “Grey’s Anatomy” also shows a physician making an obscene gesture.
A Children’s Hospital spokesperson recently sent out a memo encouraging employees to spread the word that the hospital is not affiliated with the TV show or the ads.