Woman Allegedly Tries To Burn Down SoCal Lingerie Store After Bad Breakup
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
DANA POINT (CBS) — A woman pleaded not guilty Wednesday to trying to set a Dana Point lingerie store on fire with an flaming, gas-soaked pillowcase filled with gifts her ex-boyfriend bought her from the business.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday at Intimate Obsessions on Pacific Coast Highway.
A sheriff’s deputy reportedly saw Jennifer Colwell, 42, throw the fiery pillow at the store, according to Jim Amormino of the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.
“She was apparently distraught over a failed relationship,” Amormino said. “Luckily the deputy was right there because the flames hit six feet high.”
Firefighters extinguished the blaze before it spread elsewhere.
Colwell was charged with felony arson of property.
She’s expected to return to court Oct. 12.