Woman Allegedly Tries To Burn Down SoCal Lingerie Store After Bad Breakup
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
DANA POINT (CBS) — A woman pleaded not guilty Wednesday to trying to set a Dana Point lingerie store on fire with an flaming, gas-soaked pillowcase filled with gifts her ex-boyfriend bought her from the business.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday at Intimate Obsessions on Pacific Coast Highway.
A sheriff’s deputy reportedly saw Jennifer Colwell, 42, throw the fiery pillow at the store, according to Jim Amormino of the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.
“She was apparently distraught over a failed relationship,” Amormino said. “Luckily the deputy was right there because the flames hit six feet high.”
Firefighters extinguished the blaze before it spread elsewhere.
Colwell was charged with felony arson of property.
She’s expected to return to court Oct. 12.