Suspected DUI Driver Leads Police On Chase, Slams Into Funeral Home
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A suspected DUI driver is recovering in the hospital after slamming into a funeral home at the end of a police pursuit Sunday night in Elk Grove.
Police say an officer spotted the speeding truck on Elk Grove Boulevard, however, the driver wouldn’t stop when they tried to pull him over.
The suspect then drove through old town at high speeds, hitting curbs, knocking down light poles and taking out a tree.
The truck crashed and came to a stop at the corner of School Street at the Elk Grove Funeral Chapel.
The driver was taken to the hospital where his condition is unknown.
Officers believe he had been drinking and could face several charges including DUI.