Orange County Man May Have Caught $1 Million Tuna
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DANA POINT, Calif. (AP) — An Orange County sport fisherman may have himself a $1 million catch.
The Orange County Register says Guy Yocom of Dana Point caught a 427-pound yellowfin tun last month in Mexican waters. It took him about 50 minutes to land it.
The boat skipper, Greg DiStefano, says the catch was submitted to the International Game Fishing Association. If the weight’s confirmed, it would break the current record of 405 pounds and win a $1 million prize offered by Mustad, the company which made the hook that caught the fish.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.