Orange County Man May Have Caught $1 Million Tuna
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
DANA POINT, Calif. (AP) — An Orange County sport fisherman may have himself a $1 million catch.
The Orange County Register says Guy Yocom of Dana Point caught a 427-pound yellowfin tun last month in Mexican waters. It took him about 50 minutes to land it.
The boat skipper, Greg DiStefano, says the catch was submitted to the International Game Fishing Association. If the weight’s confirmed, it would break the current record of 405 pounds and win a $1 million prize offered by Mustad, the company which made the hook that caught the fish.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.