Orange County Man May Have Caught $1 Million Tuna
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
DANA POINT, Calif. (AP) — An Orange County sport fisherman may have himself a $1 million catch.
The Orange County Register says Guy Yocom of Dana Point caught a 427-pound yellowfin tun last month in Mexican waters. It took him about 50 minutes to land it.
The boat skipper, Greg DiStefano, says the catch was submitted to the International Game Fishing Association. If the weight’s confirmed, it would break the current record of 405 pounds and win a $1 million prize offered by Mustad, the company which made the hook that caught the fish.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.