Orange County Man May Have Caught $1 Million Tuna
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
DANA POINT, Calif. (AP) — An Orange County sport fisherman may have himself a $1 million catch.
The Orange County Register says Guy Yocom of Dana Point caught a 427-pound yellowfin tun last month in Mexican waters. It took him about 50 minutes to land it.
The boat skipper, Greg DiStefano, says the catch was submitted to the International Game Fishing Association. If the weight’s confirmed, it would break the current record of 405 pounds and win a $1 million prize offered by Mustad, the company which made the hook that caught the fish.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.