Grass Fire Spreads Destroying Three Story Building In SoCal
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities are trying to determine what caused a grass fire that destroyed a three-story commercial building near a Hollywood freeway.
Los Angeles fire authorities say the blaze erupted at about 10 p.m. Tuesday. It took 125 firefighters about two hours to knock it down but the building is said to be a total loss.
Initial reports said that five firefighters were injured but authorities now say they were only examined, found healthy and returned to the fight.
The fire sent towering flames over a heavily populated Echo Park neighborhood northwest of downtown LA. It also shut down one lane of nearby Interstate 101.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.