Grass Fire Spreads Destroying Three Story Building In SoCal
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities are trying to determine what caused a grass fire that destroyed a three-story commercial building near a Hollywood freeway.
Los Angeles fire authorities say the blaze erupted at about 10 p.m. Tuesday. It took 125 firefighters about two hours to knock it down but the building is said to be a total loss.
Initial reports said that five firefighters were injured but authorities now say they were only examined, found healthy and returned to the fight.
The fire sent towering flames over a heavily populated Echo Park neighborhood northwest of downtown LA. It also shut down one lane of nearby Interstate 101.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.