Grass Fire Spreads Destroying Three Story Building In SoCal
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities are trying to determine what caused a grass fire that destroyed a three-story commercial building near a Hollywood freeway.
Los Angeles fire authorities say the blaze erupted at about 10 p.m. Tuesday. It took 125 firefighters about two hours to knock it down but the building is said to be a total loss.
Initial reports said that five firefighters were injured but authorities now say they were only examined, found healthy and returned to the fight.
The fire sent towering flames over a heavily populated Echo Park neighborhood northwest of downtown LA. It also shut down one lane of nearby Interstate 101.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.