Loomis Man Reports MarijuanaTheft Attempt; Plants Later Seized
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
LOOMIS (CBS13) – A man was sleeping outside his home in Loomis to guard his marijuana plants when armed intruders entered wearing masks, according to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
The man said two or three men entered his backyard in the 9100 block of King Road shortly before 5 a.m. He ran in to tell his roommate what was happening and the men left without taking any marijuana, but they did fire two shots at the home.
No one at the home was injured.
The incident is still under investigation but deputies determined the pot was being grown illegally and uprooted all 100 plants, which were 5 to 6 feet tall.
The owner of the plants, whose name was not released, could face criminal charges.