Loomis Man Reports MarijuanaTheft Attempt; Plants Later Seized
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
LOOMIS (CBS13) – A man was sleeping outside his home in Loomis to guard his marijuana plants when armed intruders entered wearing masks, according to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
The man said two or three men entered his backyard in the 9100 block of King Road shortly before 5 a.m. He ran in to tell his roommate what was happening and the men left without taking any marijuana, but they did fire two shots at the home.
No one at the home was injured.
The incident is still under investigation but deputies determined the pot was being grown illegally and uprooted all 100 plants, which were 5 to 6 feet tall.
The owner of the plants, whose name was not released, could face criminal charges.