Clown Gets 10 Years For Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ANA (AP) — A professional clown has been sentenced to 10 years in prison after DNA evidence tied him to the 2002 rape of a 12-year-old girl he abducted while in full costume.
Orange County District Attorney’s spokeswoman Farrah Emami says 43-year-old Jose Guadalupe Jimenez of Anaheim was sentenced Wednesday after pleading guilty to a felony count of forcible lewd acts upon a child under 14 and another felony lewd act charge.
Jimenez was dressed as his clown character “El Tin Marin” when he approached the girl at a Taco Bell in Fullerton. He dragged her into his car, drove her away and raped her in the car.
DNA was gathered from Jimenez for an unrelated corporal injury on a child crime in late 2010, and was linked to the rape in 2011.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)