Stolen iPhone Leads To High Speed Chase Through 2 Counties
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A stolen iPhone from Thunder Valley Casino led to a high-speed chase through two counties.
Police say it all began when a suspect strong armed a victim at the casino in Lincoln stealing the iPhone and taking off in a 4-door green Sedan.
Casino security notified local law enforcement agencies about the theft. Officers then used the iPhone’s GPS signal to try and track it.
Sacramento Police officers picked up the phone’s signal and the vehicle at Watt Avenue and Auburn Boulevard.
When the officer attempted to pull over the driver, the suspect took off getting onto Interstate 80 heading eastbound. The chase reached speeds of more than 100 miles per hour and involved Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies, Placer County Sheriff’s deputies and CHP along with Sacramento Police.
The pursuit ended at the Riverside Boulevard off ramp. Officers were able arrest the suspect without incident.