Stolen iPhone Leads To High Speed Chase Through 2 Counties
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A stolen iPhone from Thunder Valley Casino led to a high-speed chase through two counties.
Police say it all began when a suspect strong armed a victim at the casino in Lincoln stealing the iPhone and taking off in a 4-door green Sedan.
Casino security notified local law enforcement agencies about the theft. Officers then used the iPhone’s GPS signal to try and track it.
Sacramento Police officers picked up the phone’s signal and the vehicle at Watt Avenue and Auburn Boulevard.
When the officer attempted to pull over the driver, the suspect took off getting onto Interstate 80 heading eastbound. The chase reached speeds of more than 100 miles per hour and involved Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies, Placer County Sheriff’s deputies and CHP along with Sacramento Police.
The pursuit ended at the Riverside Boulevard off ramp. Officers were able arrest the suspect without incident.