Stolen iPhone Leads To High Speed Chase Through 2 Counties
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A stolen iPhone from Thunder Valley Casino led to a high-speed chase through two counties.
Police say it all began when a suspect strong armed a victim at the casino in Lincoln stealing the iPhone and taking off in a 4-door green Sedan.
Casino security notified local law enforcement agencies about the theft. Officers then used the iPhone’s GPS signal to try and track it.
Sacramento Police officers picked up the phone’s signal and the vehicle at Watt Avenue and Auburn Boulevard.
When the officer attempted to pull over the driver, the suspect took off getting onto Interstate 80 heading eastbound. The chase reached speeds of more than 100 miles per hour and involved Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies, Placer County Sheriff’s deputies and CHP along with Sacramento Police.
The pursuit ended at the Riverside Boulevard off ramp. Officers were able arrest the suspect without incident.