Suspects Cut Power To Auto Body Shop Before Breaking In
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Thieves broke into a south Sacramento auto shop overnight after cutting power to the business in an attempt to knock out the security system.
Police say someone cut power to California Auto Body on Power Inn Road just south of 14th Avenue.
Once the electricity powering the security system to the business was off, they smashed out a window and climbed inside.
The suspect apparently took a hammer to the wall inside the auto shop.
What the suspect didn’t know was that the security system had back-up batteries. The alarm company alerted the owner who called police.
However, by the time police got there, no one was inside. Although, the alarm still sounded, the power outage did disable the security cameras.
The auto shop owner says it does not look like anything was taken.