Black Bear Hanging Out In Tree In Placerville
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – A 300-pound black bear climbed into a large oak tree Monday afternoon near a church food pantry and hasn’t come down.
“That bear is so comfy laying up in that tree so we’ve just been watching it, enjoying it,” a neighbor said.
The bear was likely attracted to the area by the food being donated to the church.
“Some people have been leaving food at the doorstep of the food bank after hours,” Department of Fish and Game Warden Patrick Foy said.
DFG put a trap down and is hoping the bear either walks into it or walks away on his own. Either way, they say nothing is likely to happen until early Tuesday morning.
If the bear goes in the trap, Foy said he’ll be released deep into the woods since he’s shown no aggressive behavior.