Black Bear Hanging Out In Tree In Placerville
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – A 300-pound black bear climbed into a large oak tree Monday afternoon near a church food pantry and hasn’t come down.
“That bear is so comfy laying up in that tree so we’ve just been watching it, enjoying it,” a neighbor said.
The bear was likely attracted to the area by the food being donated to the church.
“Some people have been leaving food at the doorstep of the food bank after hours,” Department of Fish and Game Warden Patrick Foy said.
DFG put a trap down and is hoping the bear either walks into it or walks away on his own. Either way, they say nothing is likely to happen until early Tuesday morning.
If the bear goes in the trap, Foy said he’ll be released deep into the woods since he’s shown no aggressive behavior.