Black Bear Hanging Out In Tree In Placerville
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – A 300-pound black bear climbed into a large oak tree Monday afternoon near a church food pantry and hasn’t come down.
“That bear is so comfy laying up in that tree so we’ve just been watching it, enjoying it,” a neighbor said.
The bear was likely attracted to the area by the food being donated to the church.
“Some people have been leaving food at the doorstep of the food bank after hours,” Department of Fish and Game Warden Patrick Foy said.
DFG put a trap down and is hoping the bear either walks into it or walks away on his own. Either way, they say nothing is likely to happen until early Tuesday morning.
If the bear goes in the trap, Foy said he’ll be released deep into the woods since he’s shown no aggressive behavior.