UPDATE: Police Say Argument Over Marijuana Prompted Citrus Heights Shooting
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A man attempting to break into a Citrus Heights residence was shot by his former roommate Wednesday morning in an argument over marijuana, according to police.
The shooting occurred at a home in the 7700 block of Bierston Street. Police responded to the area at 9:48 a.m. The man, 37, was taken to the hospital with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to his upper body, police said.
The homeowner, Jeri Higby, 37, was arrested for assault with a firearm and booked into the Sacramento County Jail. He’s being held on $75,000 bail.
The investigation showed that Higby had an ongoing dispute with his former roommate over an amount of marijuana. The former roommate arrived at the property and attempted to take marijuana plants from an outdoor grow in the rear yard, police said.
Higby fired a shotgun at his former roommate after a short argument, police said.