UPDATE: Police Say Argument Over Marijuana Prompted Citrus Heights Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A man attempting to break into a Citrus Heights residence was shot by his former roommate Wednesday morning in an argument over marijuana, according to police.
The shooting occurred at a home in the 7700 block of Bierston Street. Police responded to the area at 9:48 a.m. The man, 37, was taken to the hospital with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to his upper body, police said.
The homeowner, Jeri Higby, 37, was arrested for assault with a firearm and booked into the Sacramento County Jail. He’s being held on $75,000 bail.
The investigation showed that Higby had an ongoing dispute with his former roommate over an amount of marijuana. The former roommate arrived at the property and attempted to take marijuana plants from an outdoor grow in the rear yard, police said.
Higby fired a shotgun at his former roommate after a short argument, police said.