UPDATE: Police Say Argument Over Marijuana Prompted Citrus Heights Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A man attempting to break into a Citrus Heights residence was shot by his former roommate Wednesday morning in an argument over marijuana, according to police.
The shooting occurred at a home in the 7700 block of Bierston Street. Police responded to the area at 9:48 a.m. The man, 37, was taken to the hospital with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to his upper body, police said.
The homeowner, Jeri Higby, 37, was arrested for assault with a firearm and booked into the Sacramento County Jail. He’s being held on $75,000 bail.
The investigation showed that Higby had an ongoing dispute with his former roommate over an amount of marijuana. The former roommate arrived at the property and attempted to take marijuana plants from an outdoor grow in the rear yard, police said.
Higby fired a shotgun at his former roommate after a short argument, police said.