UPDATE: Police Say Argument Over Marijuana Prompted Citrus Heights Shooting
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A man attempting to break into a Citrus Heights residence was shot by his former roommate Wednesday morning in an argument over marijuana, according to police.
The shooting occurred at a home in the 7700 block of Bierston Street. Police responded to the area at 9:48 a.m. The man, 37, was taken to the hospital with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to his upper body, police said.
The homeowner, Jeri Higby, 37, was arrested for assault with a firearm and booked into the Sacramento County Jail. He’s being held on $75,000 bail.
The investigation showed that Higby had an ongoing dispute with his former roommate over an amount of marijuana. The former roommate arrived at the property and attempted to take marijuana plants from an outdoor grow in the rear yard, police said.
Higby fired a shotgun at his former roommate after a short argument, police said.