Deputies Arrest 11 Men In Prostitution Crackdown Along Watt Avenue
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A sting of a north Sacramento area known for prostitution resulted in 11 men arrested Wednesday for solicitation, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said.
“Operation Zero Tolerance” focused on the Watt Avenue corridor near Interstate 80, where there has been a proliferation of prostitution and associated criminal activity in recent years, Sgt. Jason Ramos said.
Those charged with solicitation were: David Axtell, 30, Brandon Close, 26, Jorge DeLaCuesta, 49, Vincent Gaxiaola, 19, David Heers, 37, Donald Hickey, 44, Alexander Kurchin, 27, Kenneth Melton, 28, Jose Roman, 41, Thomas Simon, 52, and Vladimir Voytitskiy, 54. All were all booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail.
In addition, 11 other individuals were contacted in this high-crime area and arrested for charges ranging from narcotic possession to parole violations and for outstanding warrants, Ramos said.
Deputies seized 22.9 grams of methamphetamine, 35 grams of marijuana and $525 in cash in connection with the subjects arrested during this operation.