Deputy Shoots Suspect In Hospital Emergency Room
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (AP) — An ailing jail inmate taken to a hospital has been shot to death in the emergency room by a Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputy during a struggle for a weapon.
Deputy Peter Gomez says the suspect was arrested and taken to jail on Wednesday afternoon and he later complained of feeling ill.
Paramedics were called and deputies accompanied the suspect in an ambulance that took him to Centinela Hospital Medical Center in Inglewood early Thursday.
Gomez says there was a struggle for a deputy’s weapon in the emergency room. A deputy shot and killed the suspect just after 1 a.m.
The suspect’s name and details about his arrest haven’t been released.
The deputies and hospital workers weren’t hurt.
There are no other details.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.