Deputy Shoots Suspect In Hospital Emergency Room
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (AP) — An ailing jail inmate taken to a hospital has been shot to death in the emergency room by a Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputy during a struggle for a weapon.
Deputy Peter Gomez says the suspect was arrested and taken to jail on Wednesday afternoon and he later complained of feeling ill.
Paramedics were called and deputies accompanied the suspect in an ambulance that took him to Centinela Hospital Medical Center in Inglewood early Thursday.
Gomez says there was a struggle for a deputy’s weapon in the emergency room. A deputy shot and killed the suspect just after 1 a.m.
The suspect’s name and details about his arrest haven’t been released.
The deputies and hospital workers weren’t hurt.
There are no other details.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.