Deputy Shoots Suspect In Hospital Emergency Room
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (AP) — An ailing jail inmate taken to a hospital has been shot to death in the emergency room by a Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputy during a struggle for a weapon.
Deputy Peter Gomez says the suspect was arrested and taken to jail on Wednesday afternoon and he later complained of feeling ill.
Paramedics were called and deputies accompanied the suspect in an ambulance that took him to Centinela Hospital Medical Center in Inglewood early Thursday.
Gomez says there was a struggle for a deputy’s weapon in the emergency room. A deputy shot and killed the suspect just after 1 a.m.
The suspect’s name and details about his arrest haven’t been released.
The deputies and hospital workers weren’t hurt.
There are no other details.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.