Father And Toddler Hurt In Machete Attack
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies have arrested a man they say attacked a father and child with a machete sending them both to the hospital.
James Norman remained behind bars Thursday morning after the alleged attack, which took place on Bluebird Lane in Sacramento’s Arden-Arcade area Wednesday night.
Deputies say Norman got into an argument with the adult victim and began attacking him with the machete. The man and his 2-year-old son, who was nearby, were both injured.
The toddler suffered a gash to the leg while the father had a gash on his head behind his ear. Both were taken to the hospital with what the sheriff’s department said are non life-threatening injuries.
A neighbor who saw what was happening retrieved his shotgun and went after the Norman, who then took off.
Deputies arrived and began searching for him. They eventually found Norman and took him into custody.
Norman is being held at the Sacramento County Main Jail on a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon. He is scheduled to appear in court on Friday.