Father And Toddler Hurt In Machete Attack
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies have arrested a man they say attacked a father and child with a machete sending them both to the hospital.
James Norman remained behind bars Thursday morning after the alleged attack, which took place on Bluebird Lane in Sacramento’s Arden-Arcade area Wednesday night.
Deputies say Norman got into an argument with the adult victim and began attacking him with the machete. The man and his 2-year-old son, who was nearby, were both injured.
The toddler suffered a gash to the leg while the father had a gash on his head behind his ear. Both were taken to the hospital with what the sheriff’s department said are non life-threatening injuries.
A neighbor who saw what was happening retrieved his shotgun and went after the Norman, who then took off.
Deputies arrived and began searching for him. They eventually found Norman and took him into custody.
Norman is being held at the Sacramento County Main Jail on a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon. He is scheduled to appear in court on Friday.