Lakeport Man Arrested For Trying To Arrange Sex With Roseville Teen
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A Lake County man was arrested earlier this week by Roseville Police detectives on suspicion of trying to meet a teenage boy for sex.
Detectives went to Lakeport on Tuesday and arrested a 33-year-old Robert George Schmidt.
The boy’s parents contacted Roseville Police on Sept. 29 about a man they said had driven from Lake County to Roseville in order to meet their teenage son for sex.
The parents had discovered inappropriate text messages on their son’s cell phone, including arrangements for an overnight stay at a hotel, police said. The parents went to the meeting place and confronted Schmidt before he could contact their son. He drove away, and the parents contacted police.
Roseville detectives investigated and found that the suspect and victim had met online in January and continued their relationship via text messages since that time.
Schmidt was charged with attempting to meet a minor for sexual acts. He was booked into the Placer County Jail on $400,000 bail.