SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento Police have made arrests in a 2010 robbery at the California State Fair when two gunman got away with $200,000 in cash.
Police have arrested 34-year-old Gene Felder and 52-year-old Antonio Harvey on charges related to robbery and conspiracy. And police say more arrests could be made.
The theft took place at Cal Expo just as the State Fair was shutting down for the day on July 21, 2010. Two armed suspects stormed into the cash room of a contracted food service company and robbed the employees at gunpoint. The suspects got away with about $200,000.
While investigating, Harvey, an employee of the food service company, called police to report he had been kidnapped. As police investigated, they determined the kidnapping claim was false. Detectives then began focusing on Harvey.
“Our detectives delved into that allegation and found out that it was just fake,” said Officer Doug Morse.
Further investigation led them to Felder. Police obtained arrest warrants and on Thursday arrested both Felder and Harvey.
Neighbors in Harvey’s modest Del Paso Heights neighborhood witnessed his arrest, but are just hearing what he’s accused of doing.
“It’s just weird that they would still be here, after two years. You got that much money, should have left” said a neighbor.
Police say the investigation is still ongoing and that more arrested could be made.
“At this point, we do believe that there are possibly additional suspects out there,” said Morse.
The Sacramento Police Department urges anyone with information pertaining to this crime to contact Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357) or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.