Two Arrested For Murder In Motel 6 Shooting Last Month
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department has arrested two men in connection with a murder outside a north Sacramento hotel last month.
Ceasar Williams, 27, was taken into custody on Tuesday and booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on a charge of murder. Michael Nunally, 28, was booked on the same charge at the Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center, where he was already in custody on a parole hold.
Shortly after 9 p.m. on Sept. 25, deputies responded to the call of a man shot in the parking lot of the Motel 6 at 2030 Arden Way. They found a 29-year-old man with a single gunshot wound to his lower body. The victim was transported to an area hospital, where he died shortly thereafter.
Further investigation led to the identification of Williams and Nunally as persons responsible for this crime, Sgt. Jason Ramos said. Detectives are continuing their investigation, and are considering the possibility that there may be other suspects. The motive remains under investigation.
Detectives believe that there may be witnesses to the shooting who have yet to come forward. Anyone with information pertinent to this case is asked to contact the sheriff’s Homicide Bureau at (916) 874-5115, Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP, or send a text message tip to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.