Fairfield Substitute Teacher Arrested For Child Battery
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A Fairfield school substitute teacher has been arrested on four counts of child battery.
Police arrested 51-year-old Joe Yow of Suisun City on Friday for allegedly assaulting four 7-year-old children, three boys and one girl, at the David Weir Elementary School.
The alleged incidents occurred Thursday, and were reported to police the following day by the victims’ parents.
The students say on two separate occasions that day, Yow grabbed them by the neck and escorted them to class for allegedly misbehaving. Yow allegedly forcefully grabbed the female student by the throat as he directed her to the classroom.
None of the students were injured.
Police arrested Yow at his home in Suisun City. He was booked into Solano County Jail, but was released on bail.
The Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District is conducting its own internal investigation.