1 Person Killed In Plane Crash Near Byron
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
BYRON, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say one person is dead after a small plane crashed near Byron Airport in Contra Costa County.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor says a single-engine experimental Glasair lll crashed in a field about 4.5 miles northeast of the airport and burst into flames around 2 p.m. Tuesday.
Contra Costa County sheriff’s spokesman Jimmy Lee says one person was killed in the crash, but did not know if others were on board.
Gregor says the FAA and National Transportation Safety Board will investigate the crash, with the NTSB being the lead agency.
Byron Airport is located in a rural section of far eastern Contra Costa County about 20 miles northeast of Livermore.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.