UPDATE: Man Detained Is Not Modesto Park Assault Suspect
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Modesto police said the man they detained on Wednesday after a large search operation is not the suspect in a park sexual assault last week after the man ran from officers when he was confronted on Wednesday morning.
Officers made contact with the man near H Street and Second Street and he took off. Police then went door to door in the area and a sheriff’s helicopter flew overhead.
Two K-9 units were also used as officers went from yard to yard. He was eventually found hiding in a basement.
The man was described as black, wearing a black jacket and blue jersey, and police said he fit the description of the park assault suspect.
After detaining him, they determined he wasn’t the man who approached a woman Thursday at Mancini Park, threw her to the ground and sexually assaulted her in front of her two young children.
Because of its close proximity to the search area, Modesto High School went on voluntary lockdown during Wednesday’s search.
The suspect had an unrelated no-bail warrant and was taken into custody.