UPDATE: Man Detained Is Not Modesto Park Assault Suspect
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MODESTO (CBS13) – Modesto police said the man they detained on Wednesday after a large search operation is not the suspect in a park sexual assault last week after the man ran from officers when he was confronted on Wednesday morning.
Officers made contact with the man near H Street and Second Street and he took off. Police then went door to door in the area and a sheriff’s helicopter flew overhead.
Two K-9 units were also used as officers went from yard to yard. He was eventually found hiding in a basement.
The man was described as black, wearing a black jacket and blue jersey, and police said he fit the description of the park assault suspect.
After detaining him, they determined he wasn’t the man who approached a woman Thursday at Mancini Park, threw her to the ground and sexually assaulted her in front of her two young children.
Because of its close proximity to the search area, Modesto High School went on voluntary lockdown during Wednesday’s search.
The suspect had an unrelated no-bail warrant and was taken into custody.