Four Vans Torched At East Union High School In Manteca
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
MANTECA (CBS13) – Four high school vans were vandalized overnight at a Manteca high school.
Three of the vans, which are used for transporting students to sports events and other activities, were completely destroyed after they were set on fire sometime around midnight at East Union High School, according to Manteca Fire Battalion Chief Bob Davis.
A fourth suffered minor damage to its front end. The total loss was estimated at about $100,000.
The culprit or culprits cut about a 4-foot-high hole through a chain-link fence to get into the lot where the vans were parked.
Neighbors reported they heard explosions at about midnight and looked out and saw flames, then called emergency. The fire department believes rags were stuffed into the vans’ gas tanks and set on fire.
No suspects were immediately identified. None of the school buildings were damaged.