Trail Of Cash Leads Police To Bank Robbery Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a suspected bank robber is behind bars after police in northern California followed a trail of stolen money to arrest him.
Police told the San Mateo Daily News that after the BBVA Compass Bank was held up Monday morning the suspected bank robber, Kendrick Roby, ran from the bank to an apartment complex about two blocks away.
When police were called to the complex by a witness, officers arrested Roby after following a trail of loose cash.
Redwood City police Sgt. Sean Hart says Roby was arrested without incident and the stolen money was recovered.
Prosecutors say the 24-year-old Roby is being held in lieu of $50,000 bail after pleading not guilty Wednesday to robbery.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.