Yuba City Pregnant Woman Arrested For Killing 68-Year-Old Mother-In-Law
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – A pregnant mother is in jail tonight, charged with killing her own mother-in-law. CBS13 was at their home in Yuba City where investigators were searching for evidence in this bizarre and chilling case.
Deputies say Baljinder Kaur snapped, but they won’t say what caused it.
Due to give birth in January, Baljinder killed her mother-in-law in a violent attack Wednesday, say deputies.
“A very intense investigation, with DOJ, forensics and latent prints,” said Sutter County Sheriff’s Dept. Spokesman Capt. Lewis McElfresh Jr.
Baljit, 68, died from blunt force trauma to the head in a Sikh-dominated Yuba City neighborhood.
“It’s shocking to our community because our community is a peace-living community,” said Swinder Gill, who lives nearby.
Investigators were still inside the family’s home gathering evidence after the arrest. Some family members walked out with them.
Baljit was found dead inside the home by her own daughter. Next door neighbor Ken Fickas says his wife heard the frantic aftermath unfold.
“She had heard some whaling and screaming, someone hysterical next door,” said Fikas.
Baljinder has no known criminal history. She and her husband have a 5-year-old daughter.
“I don’t think this person’s even had a traffic ticket to be honest with you,” said McElfresh.
Despite her clean record, Baljiner is still in jail alone about to give birth, and facing a murder charge.