Yuba City Pregnant Woman Arrested For Killing 68-Year-Old Mother-In-Law
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – A pregnant mother is in jail tonight, charged with killing her own mother-in-law. CBS13 was at their home in Yuba City where investigators were searching for evidence in this bizarre and chilling case.
Deputies say Baljinder Kaur snapped, but they won’t say what caused it.
Due to give birth in January, Baljinder killed her mother-in-law in a violent attack Wednesday, say deputies.
“A very intense investigation, with DOJ, forensics and latent prints,” said Sutter County Sheriff’s Dept. Spokesman Capt. Lewis McElfresh Jr.
Baljit, 68, died from blunt force trauma to the head in a Sikh-dominated Yuba City neighborhood.
“It’s shocking to our community because our community is a peace-living community,” said Swinder Gill, who lives nearby.
Investigators were still inside the family’s home gathering evidence after the arrest. Some family members walked out with them.
Baljit was found dead inside the home by her own daughter. Next door neighbor Ken Fickas says his wife heard the frantic aftermath unfold.
“She had heard some whaling and screaming, someone hysterical next door,” said Fikas.
Baljinder has no known criminal history. She and her husband have a 5-year-old daughter.
“I don’t think this person’s even had a traffic ticket to be honest with you,” said McElfresh.
Despite her clean record, Baljiner is still in jail alone about to give birth, and facing a murder charge.