Police Arrest Man And Woman For Pimping Two Missing Teen Girls
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two people were caught and cuffed for allegedly selling young girls for sex.
“It’s extremely bad to hear about,” said one resident.
There is sadness and disgust from East Sacramento residents after learning what police say was going on just down the road.
“They wound up being victims and it could have been much worse,” said Officer Michelle Gigante.
Police say 24-year-old Jason Wilson and 30-year-old Roshann Harris were housing two teenage girls at a Motel 6 on 30 Street, forcing them to prostitute themselves.
Officers say a call came in from someone reporting the girls seemed to be in trouble.
“Kudos to the people that called in, and big kudos to the detectives that followed up,” said Gigante.
Police would determine the two teen victims had been reported missing from their homes all the way in Wisconsin.
“Calling those parents and I’m sure the relief on those parents, they quickly got on a red-eye and got out here to Sacramento to be reunited with those girls,” said Gigante.
While the duo is not charged with kidnapping, it’s unclear how they found the girls. Meanwhile, neighbors say it’s just another example of the problems on this single block.
Insisting they have long had problems with the Motel 6 and The Dumont Inn just across the street, they attract illegal activity in an otherwise nice area.
“There’s definitely drug activity going on, prostitution,” said another neighbor.