Deputies Investigating Death Of 61-Year-Old Man Found In Rural Home
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sheriff’s detectives are investigating after a man was found dead in his home in a rural part of Sacramento County.
Two acquaintances, a man and woman, discovered the 61-year-old man after arriving at his home on Dillard Road and Highway 99 Saturday evening.
Sheriff’s deputies say the victim had “significant trauma to his upper body.” He was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
The couple was detained for questioning, but neither is considered a suspect at this time.
As of yet, no motive has been determined, say detectives.
The victim’s identity has not been released.
Anyone having information pertinent to the investigation is asked to call the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department at (916) 874-5115, Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP, or send a text message tip to 274637 (CRIMES), then enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.