Bella Vista Student Reportedly Shoots Self, Brings Gun To School
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) – A Bella Vista High School student accidentally shot himself on the way to school and then brought the loaded gun on campus, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The sheriff’s department received a call from the high school at 8301 Madison Avenue shortly before 9 a.m. that a 16-year-old boy brought the gun on campus.
A Safe Schools deputy contracted by the San Juan Unified School District recovered the gun and cited the student for a felony charge, according to sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Jason Ramos.
The boy was then released to his father to seek medical treatment for the gunshot wound to his leg.
How the student came into possession of the gun had yet to be determined.