Bella Vista Student Reportedly Shoots Self, Brings Gun To School
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) – A Bella Vista High School student accidentally shot himself on the way to school and then brought the loaded gun on campus, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The sheriff’s department received a call from the high school at 8301 Madison Avenue shortly before 9 a.m. that a 16-year-old boy brought the gun on campus.
A Safe Schools deputy contracted by the San Juan Unified School District recovered the gun and cited the student for a felony charge, according to sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Jason Ramos.
The boy was then released to his father to seek medical treatment for the gunshot wound to his leg.
How the student came into possession of the gun had yet to be determined.