Bella Vista Student Reportedly Shoots Self, Brings Gun To School
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) – A Bella Vista High School student accidentally shot himself on the way to school and then brought the loaded gun on campus, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The sheriff’s department received a call from the high school at 8301 Madison Avenue shortly before 9 a.m. that a 16-year-old boy brought the gun on campus.
A Safe Schools deputy contracted by the San Juan Unified School District recovered the gun and cited the student for a felony charge, according to sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Jason Ramos.
The boy was then released to his father to seek medical treatment for the gunshot wound to his leg.
How the student came into possession of the gun had yet to be determined.