Bella Vista Student Reportedly Shoots Self, Brings Gun To School
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) – A Bella Vista High School student accidentally shot himself on the way to school and then brought the loaded gun on campus, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The sheriff’s department received a call from the high school at 8301 Madison Avenue shortly before 9 a.m. that a 16-year-old boy brought the gun on campus.
A Safe Schools deputy contracted by the San Juan Unified School District recovered the gun and cited the student for a felony charge, according to sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Jason Ramos.
The boy was then released to his father to seek medical treatment for the gunshot wound to his leg.
How the student came into possession of the gun had yet to be determined.